Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Brielle

Your dark hair
Your blue eyes like gemstones
Your laugh
Your chubby little fists
They unlock my heart effortlessly
You came to us
Like a snowstorm in August
But oh how I wanted you
I've kept you within my soul
A wish, a dream
A desire that never left
In many ways your sudden existence
Lifted me
A light on the horizon
After a long dark night spent
Tossing endlessly on an unsure sea
Your daddy dreamed of you
Told me of your dark hair
Your sweet smile
My second daughter
I want to tell you
To love yourself always
Compare yourself to no one
Even your sister
Don't let doubt cloud your vision
It will be easy to do
I know
Because I am also a second daughter
I pledge to love you
For who you are
Today
Tomorrow
And Always

- Denise Cooper Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment